Paul and Claudia sailed up here at the end of August, just in time to see the fall colors. Andy and I were on a tour and had it arranged for them to get off the ship at the same time as our group so that we could see them right away. Keep in mind that we never tell our guests that we're married, so I had to act like I didn't know my own inlaws!
We (Andy, really) got to chat with them for a few minutes before our guests came off. They rode up to Anchorage with another tour as we had 53 people on our coach - $$ chaching!
We (Andy, really) got to chat with them for a few minutes before our guests came off. They rode up to Anchorage with another tour as we had 53 people on our coach - $$ chaching!
We let them drive our truck behind the tour bus and luckily I was the only girl on this tour which allowed me to have my own room each night so they just stayed with me. Our first night was spent in Talkeetna where we celebrated their 50th anniversary at Mountain High Pizza Pie. Romantic, right? To the Nyes: ask Paul/Daddy/Grandpa what he thinks about Buffalo Wing Pizza!
Then we hung out/played piano at the Roadhouse.
A lot happened between this picture and the last one, but I was working and they explored without me. We made lunch in the parking lot on the last day of tour.
We drove up through Hatcher Pass...
...and visited Independence Mine in the pouring rain...
...and we considered panning for gold, but decided we were not that desperate haha.
We rode the tram with a bunch of Asians at Aleyska. Height-wise Claudia fit right in; the rest of us, well, we were giants.I have stayed here multiple times for work and not once have I gotten in the pool!
We had a short amount of time to hike down the Winner Creek trail. So fun living near the rainforest!
We had a short amount of time to hike down the Winner Creek trail. So fun living near the rainforest!Man, I swear I am missing a lot of pictures from when they were here! However, I know Claudia took more than I did sooooo to see more pictures from their trip, click here. It was so fun having someone we actually knew get off the cruiseship! I hope that they had fun while they were here even though we worked for half of the time. Fall in Denali is amazing to see and I am glad they were able to experience it with us!


3 comments:
Hey --- thanks for the pictures --- and thank you so much for all the fun we had --- you showed us such a great time --- a highlight of the summer and I think we need to come back again.
That's kinda funny.. why can't you tell your guests that you're married?
WOW! I had your whole summer to catch up on! What fun you guys have! You did great on Andy's birthday! Great job on hiking flat top in the cold - I went up when it was dead and didn't keep going - I'm spoiled and didn't think it was worth it! :) You didn't like Lion King? I'll have to talk to you about it!... I am glad you are here so we can visit. XOXO
Post a Comment