Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We Like Our Texans!

We recently had a group of eight Texans on tour with us. There were four couples, all somehow related to one another, and you could tell upon meeting them that they were rather wealthy. After our first few hours together, one of them mentioned to me that they all wanted to go helicopter flightseeing in Denali. I said, "Alright, I can work on arranging that. I'll let you know as soon as you get confirmed." He quickly responded, "We'd like you to come with us! We will pay your way!" Okay, so I had only known these guys for like, oh, eight hours? I didn't even know their names yet! I casually said, "Alright, I'll see if I have anything going on and if I'm free, I'll also get a ticket for myself." Truthfully, I wasn't all that interested in going because it just be ME with the eight of them. On top of that, I didn't really take him seriously. I mean, one ticket to go helicopter flightseeing is $415. So, if you do the math, they would be dishing out just over $1200 to include me! Naturally, I called to make the reservation for JUST THEM, not me. The next day while we were together, they asked me AT LEAST 15 times if I was going to be able to go with them! At that point I knew they were serious. To make the story short, I was able to go with them. It was quite awkward because I really didn't fit in, but it was fun nonetheless.



1 comments:

Sam Scorup said...

Cool. Sounds like some nice folks