Our tour rolled into Talkeetna the other afternoon and it was B-E-A-UTIFUL! It was THE most perfect day I have seen so far this summer. Rather than hang out in our hotel rooms or go to bed early, Andy and I hung out at the lodge and then headed into town. I always hand out maps of Talkeetna to my guests with a list of things to see/do and places to eat, but I haven't really done anything on the list because I never have time when I'm there. So, the other night we headed into town to check a few things off of the list.
This sign just about sums up the town! I absolutely LOVE it!
Similar to the bulls all over Chicago or the bikes in Lincoln, Talkeetna has moose. Check out the legs on this moose!
At K2 Aviation.
We went to the Talkeetna Cemetery. Needless to say it is a little unkempt, but very interesting. Not only is it the town cemetery, but there is a memorial to all of the climbers who have died while climbing Mt. McKinley. I can't say I have seen any graves like this at other cemeteries I have been to.
This nest was in the grass next to a grave!
And finally, more pictures of the mountain. It was the clearest I have ever seen it. We definitely need a new camera! I took the last picture at midnight, so you could see how light it is during summer! Since the solstice, though, we are losing about one hour of daylight each week.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Hangin' Out in Talkeetna.
Posted by
Brianna
at
12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man, you guys look like you are on one long vacation. We are so jealous that you guys are having this experience. Jealous in a good way. We are very excited for you. P.S. Do your cell phones work up there? Can we call you, and is it long distance for you if we do?
-Saun
Loved the pictures. Brianna my favorite place also was Talkeetna.
Just got home from Yellowstone --- in fact while I was saying my prayers --- the thought came that I needed to check your blog. It's now l:45 a.m. which would make it Wed morning. So glad you are having so many great experiences.
I need to do some blogging --- I'm behind. Love you both.
Mama/Claudia
Post a Comment