I am leaving for a good portion of the summer in just a couple of days and I have a to-do list like you have never seen before! I got home from the store last night and put my bags of stuff down in the living room. I decided I ought to clean the bathrooms while I had the energy and the time. As I was going between the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms, I literally had to step over cans of soup, deodorants, drinks, toilet paper, you name it. I have no more room. We (I) have officially outgrown our apartment. I was actually rather annoyed that of all this crap (how it felt last night) was in my way.
As I lay in bed last night I realized how blessed we are. We are able to afford food, afford new cloths, pay our bills. I have more food and stuff in general that doesn't have a home because I just don't have room. I am not starving in a third world country, I have a roof over my head, and I have an enjoyable job that brings us income (for two more days!) that allows us to have all these things. I should be grateful and stop complaining every time something is in my way.
Speaking of outgrowing our apartment, our landlord told us we need to be out by next April. Yeah, she gave us a one year notice! Pretttty awesome. And sad all at the same time. This apartment has been the biggest blessing. We love it! It is tiny. Like miniscule (my computer is telling me that is not a word!?). I am going to miss it. I feel like we have been here long enough to own it, yet we don't. If our landlord came to us and asked if we were interested in buying it I would be all over it. But I don't foresee that happening. Instead, we will have to find a new dump home somewhere else in town. And it will be pricy compared to what we are paying now. And further away from school. And we may or may not have homeless friends nearby haha.
Anyway, it will be bittersweet when we leave this casa. I should probably stop thinking about it!
2 comments:
It is here in Payson. We haven't bothered contacting them to see if they'd sell because we are pretty sure we can't afford what they'd want, so we don't want to bother them. Just the renovations themselves would probably be more than we could afford. lol
Oh man, I hope you can find a place by next April! :) I am going to miss you. What can I do to help you get ready to go? While you are away? I'll give you a call. It's true we are VERY blessed. I consider you one of my blessings. Good luck with your to-do list!
Post a Comment