Monday, February 22, 2010

I Just Had to Share Two Things.

1. I went to the post office to pick up the mail that we received while we were in Mexico. When I approached the counter I said, "I am here to pick up my mail that has been held for the last week." The guy behind the counter said, "Are you back?" I truly did not know what to say! Of course I am back, I'm standing in front of you!

2. I received a letter in the mail sharing various statistics about this year's MEDEX (P.A.) class. Amongst other things it says:

Age range is 23 to 49, with a median age of 32

Can someone please tell me where I fall in this category!?

Andy and I were laughing because I am younger than the youngest! I AM THE YOUNGEST IN THE ENTIRE PROGRAM (which includes roughly 115 students between four campuses: Seattle, Spokane, Yakima, and Anchorage)!

5 comments:

mama said...

Funny --- funny --- good for you --- and you'll do great.
We need pictures of the cruise --- do post.

The comment of the postal worker reminds me of my Mother when she would call wondering is we were home and her classic comment would be "Oh are you home?" so I appreciated your postal worker's comment --- it brought back memories.

HDVB said...

1. hahah, people are so great at stating the obvious...

2. hahah, maybe they didn't put you in because it would ruin some statistic ;) You are such a brilliant smart amazing girl! GO BRIANNA!

Stephanie said...

You were in Mexico? I don't like reading your blog because it makes me jealous. All the amazing places you've been it makes me feel like I live in Omaha NE. (I do, but I like to imagine its more exotic than it really is).

That is really cool that you are the youngest. It means you have more energy to study and a higher metabolism so that you won't get fat from the stress. And no kids to keep you up at night. I can't remember if PA school does Z scores but if they do, you'll totally smoke the old foggies.

Tasha said...

Wow-that age range is amazing! And to think you're younger than the range--how did that happen? Our median age is 23 years old and our oldest person is 27--the dynamics of UNMC's PA class has shifted to all young people. You'll have fun having such a variety of people with previous careers and stuff:)

Lauren said...

That's awesome!