It is sure beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!
I don't think most people realize how much snow we don't get. Before we spent a winter here I thought that surely we'd get more snow than we got in Utah. Wrongo! I think the average snowfall each winter in Anchorage is somewhere around five feet - seriously so lame. Someday I want a cabin in the boonies where we can have snow higher than our roof...Anyway, we have actually received a fair amount of snow in the last few days. Before I left for work I asked Andy to please take some pictures because it sounds like we're expecting temperatures to be in the 40's by Christmas! When I got home I was excited to see the pictures he took because it seriously is a winter wonderland outside annnnnd on top of that, I am never home when it is light out.
For those of you who have been to our home, this is the "homeless bridge". Now you know right where it's at, huh! Anyway, I was very surprised to see clear/blueish sky in these pictures. We have not seen the sun for...two weeks? I'm not even kidding, nor am I complaining. For one week straight we had fog - the visibility was maybe a quarter of a mile in all directions. It was honestly a little eerie. And since then it has been cloudy and trying to snow.
On another note, the days are still getting shorter. The sun is rising at 10:40 am and setting at about 3:30 pm. It seriously rocks. I don't know why people get all bent out of shape without their Vitamin D (okay, so that was harsh - I'm sure it wears on you). It is so fantastic though. I usually get up at 5:45 and I'm out the door at 7:20. I am at work and almost ready for lunch when I see the sun barely coming up over the horizon. And thennnnnnn the sun sets, it gets dark, and I leave work at 4:00. How awesome is that! The best part is, the days will be getting longer after the weekend [Dad] and we will be back to our near-24 hour daylight soon enough!
Sorry our, I mean my, updates are pretty sporadic. I will be better, I will be better, I will be better!
Happy Holidays!
1 comments:
So beautiful!! I wish we got snow... I miss it especially at this time of year!
Post a Comment