We hadn't planned on traveling outside of Alaska anytime soon, but Andy found a deal that we couldn't pass up:
We are headed to Hawaii!

Photo can be found here.
Crazy as it sounds, the best flight deals that we ever see living here are to Fairbanks (woohoo) or to Hawaii (you wouldn't believe the number of islanders that live here!) I think Andy gets cabin fever a little quicker than me because he is always checking out flights. The other day he pulled the trigger and we're headed to Maui in a week!
But it gets better.
I like Hawaii, don't get me wrong, but I get really ADD on vacation and would prefer to go somewhere I haven't been. We threw around the idea of inviting some friends to join us in Hawaii, full well knowing that most people probably wouldn't be able to go for whatever reason. I randomly decided to throw out the invitation to mi amiga mejor (because, you know, we can't seem to get together any other time, so why not shoot for a play date in Hawaii!)
Long story short, she is coming with her fiance, Ryan!
Neither of them have been to Hawaii so we are excited to play tour guide. Isn't that how I make money during the summer? They should pay me! I seriously can't believe that we are going to be meeting what feels like halfway around the world! We will spend six days on Maui and two days on Oahu with them; unfortunately they will be leaving us early, but hey, I will take what I can get! We will then be staying on Oahu for a few more days. Yay!
I told Andy we really did not need to go on a trip (I don't get cabin fever at all, really) but he insisted. His biggest reason is if I get into PA school, I won't have time for a "long" vacation for a couple of years so we better be proactive and take it now! Andy is so excited about this trip that he has been talking about it every day for a week now. He told me yesterday he doesn't even care about his Christmas presents under the tree (gee, thanks!)
Anyway, we are excited to show off our bright white legs and ring in the new year in Mauuuuii!
2 comments:
How about next time you invite me to hawaii? just saying. :)
Have a great time --- ours is over and yours is just about to start. Hope you have lots of fun in the sun.
Post a Comment