The past few weeks have been constant homework, paper writing, and studying in the Nye household. Never in my life have I felt such immense stress for finals! I don't think that I'm all that worried about my own finals - we'll see - but have been stressing about Andy's classes. For one class (I don't even know what classes he is taking; come to think of it, I don't think he does either!) he had to write a 30+ page paper that entailed coming up with a code of ethics and business plan based on the morals and values of an existing business or group. He founded his "business" on the morals and values of the LDS Church and then analyzed some ethical questions based on his new business. Confused yet? Me too.
As he was absolutely engulfed in his paper, I asked what I could do to help. [Let it be known that I hate writing. Just ask my mom. I threw countless fits when I had to write papers in high school and asked her many times to please just write my paper. And here I was asking my husband if I could help him with something that didn't even make sense to me.] Anyway, after many late nights, Andy was able to get his paper completed, turned in, and I have now added editor-in-chief to my resume. I believe he will get his paper back tonight - fingers crossedwe he gets a good grade!
That aside, he had like ten writing assignments due in another class. He literally worked on them night and day for several days at a time until he had one left. The second to last assignment was to be turned in in class rather than online. Not five minutes after he had entered his classroom I got a text that said: You're never going to believe what happened. I introduced myself when I handed in my paper and he was almost starstruck to meet me. I'm not kidding. He said, "You. You. I wanted to meet you." Long story short, his teacher a.k.a. Dr. Forrest a.k.a. the head of the MBA program told him that he wanted him to come teach for him! He said that his writing and thoughts were better than most of the teachers on campus and that he was excited to read each of Andy's papers! At the end of his conversation with Dr. Forrest Andy said, "Oh, by the way, I still have to get one more assignment done and turned in." Dr. Forrest replied, "Don't worry about it, your grade is already decided!"
As he was absolutely engulfed in his paper, I asked what I could do to help. [Let it be known that I hate writing. Just ask my mom. I threw countless fits when I had to write papers in high school and asked her many times to please just write my paper. And here I was asking my husband if I could help him with something that didn't even make sense to me.] Anyway, after many late nights, Andy was able to get his paper completed, turned in, and I have now added editor-in-chief to my resume. I believe he will get his paper back tonight - fingers crossed
That aside, he had like ten writing assignments due in another class. He literally worked on them night and day for several days at a time until he had one left. The second to last assignment was to be turned in in class rather than online. Not five minutes after he had entered his classroom I got a text that said: You're never going to believe what happened. I introduced myself when I handed in my paper and he was almost starstruck to meet me. I'm not kidding. He said, "You. You. I wanted to meet you." Long story short, his teacher a.k.a. Dr. Forrest a.k.a. the head of the MBA program told him that he wanted him to come teach for him! He said that his writing and thoughts were better than most of the teachers on campus and that he was excited to read each of Andy's papers! At the end of his conversation with Dr. Forrest Andy said, "Oh, by the way, I still have to get one more assignment done and turned in." Dr. Forrest replied, "Don't worry about it, your grade is already decided!"
Andy surely has a knack for teaching, but isn't sure that he truly wants to be a teacher. However, I definitely think that a compliment such as this is a huge confidence booster! Guess we'll see if he goes for his Ph.D. next!

3 comments:
All I can say is WOW Wow --- good for you. I heard this story before --- but glad to READ it this time. Good for both of you --- and good luck Bri on your interviews on Sat. You are in our prayers
WOw you guys are little studiers. Good luck Andy with all that and Bri good luck in your interviews and finals. you are both so smart.
Andy, you ROCK! That is so awesome. You too Bri. You guys are inspiring. Guess I need to go study now...just kidding. I actually just finished biology now I need to register for January. Very awesome! Good Job!
Post a Comment