Monday, December 14, 2009

Fingers Crossed.

I'm done! Can I just say that I feel much more relieved today than I have since I turned in my application to PA school in September?!! I don't want to bore anyone with the details of what went on Saturday, but the interviews went incredibly well! I guess we'll find out in a month or so if they really did go as well as I think they did.

I'll keep it as short as I can:

Last week was finals week and what better way to end it than with professional school interviews? My goodness. We just took things one day at a time and by Friday I was finally thinking about the interview. I was unbelievably exhausted by the end of the week, but managed to run through some possible interview questions with Andy before I went to bed.

I got up bright and early at 5:45 to get ready. I did not get butterflies of any sort until about 7:15 when I tried to eat breakfast (I had to be there by 8). I seriously could not down it and just wanted to barf (gross word, but I'm sure you know the feeling of that ginormous knot in your throat). Anyway, I ate what I could, packed a few snacks, and was on my way. I arrived, signed in, and scoped out the room a little bit. There were definitely more girls than guys, probably by about double. The oldest/most annoying guy had the whitest hair I have ever seen, I presume he was about 60; I am guessing I was the youngest there. Actually, I'm like 99% sure. Roughly half of the interviewees were from Alaska and the other half were from the Lower 48.

We had three interviews (three candidates in the room with two interviewers) and also had to do a vocabulary test, a writing test, and a reading comprehension test (I'm no dummy, but I HATE those!) I was lucky enough to have one of my interviews first - it was as if I was having a casual conversation with the interviewers and all of my nerves subsided. From that point forward, I was fine! The hardest part was the interview full of "What do you do if..." questions. They were clearly trying see our thought processes and if we would act in an ethical manner.

All I know is I was comfortable, I was honest, and I was myself.

Only time will tell!

2 comments:

mama said...

Let us know AS SOON as you find out. We are still praying for you both -- and we are so proud of you. If you aren't accepted --- I think the people in charge are "brain dead."

The Hebbs said...

Great to hear Bri. I Know they loved you... You did your best to be yourself and thats your best and your good at it!