Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tour #3 and #4.

Tour #3 ended on Friday and they were such a fun group! The people in a group really can make all the difference for us. Some groups don't respond to anything, and others laugh and talk all the time! We were able to enjoy incredible weather for the entire tour and also saw many animals. There are still many kinks to be worked out (several places that we stay are closed throughout the winter, so unfortunately it takes them time to get up and going) but we're trying to be optimistic that everything will be in full swing here soon.

We just began our fourth tour today. When I read through my manifest, about half of the names were something along the lines of Felipe Ng or Rosarita Tiu. I couldn't figure out what nationality they were just by their names, but they are a large group traveling together from the Phillipines! Tour directors are always a little weary when they see foreign names because oftentimes that means that they don't speak English and you can imagine how difficult that can be. However, our entire group speaks and writes English very well and they all have a great sense of humor. I'm excited to get to know them!

1 comments:

mama said...

Have a great time with the tour from the Phillipines -- I want to be on a tour with you two --- sounds fun to me --- so I'm sure it's fun for everyone who goes with you. You two are just FUN