Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Think I Can, I Think I Can.

I have to be honest, the excitement and love that I had for this job last year is nowhere to be found this year. I have looked high and low and it just isn't there. It's been really taxing on me, but I know it is because I have my heart set somewhere else; my priorities are in a different order.

The other night I had a total breakdown which doesn't happen all too often, but I feel as though I'm stretching myself too thin. (To my parents: think of the breakdown one morning at Seminary the year I was in band, flagline, volleyball, Student Council, etc.) Anyway, I was upstairs getting ready for bed and just began to cry. I feel like I've committed to too many things and I can't keep up. Or maybe I can keep up, but I can't give 110% to everyone. Andy had to remind me that we have to do what is best for us at any given time and really we don't need to worry about the people we have to tell no to along the way.

Well, the next couple of weeks will determine whether or not I have spread myself too thin, but I think I can do it. And you know what? After a couple of cry sessions and prayers, I think things are going to be okay. In hindsight they usually are, aren't they?

4 comments:

Kyle and Kamany said...

Things are usually okay! We just have to have the faith that they really are. That is the hardest part and least for me! I have been making a wooden sail boat for all of the YW for Girls Camp next week that have an awesome Poem on them. "I am not Afraid" I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Like I said I think learning or having faith is the hardest part but we can do it. I thought I should share because this is what helps me through those crazy times! Good luck!!

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

Gotta love the cry sessions!! It is good that you have too much to do instead of too little--right?

Kath said...

Boy we miss you two here in Farmington, Utah.
Bri, We always pray for you two. I hope you know how much we love you and Andy and want only the best for both of you. Stay on your knees and quit saying YES to everything and things will work out.
Love you, Kath

The Hebbs said...

Oh Bri you are doing a ton I know you are a super trooper and can accomplish so much...just the type of person you are! You go girl. Here comes PA graduate Nye. Watch out.