Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Husband Should Have Participated.

Or maybe not, but someday? You'll probably never guess what went on this weekend here in Anchorage...the World Beard and Moustache Competition! This is not even a joke. Ty and I went to the Saturday Market to see the wackiest moustaches and beards worn by gentlemen from around the world. You can check out the categories or you can just look at the pictures:

Jack Passion: 1st place for Natural Full Beard at the World Beard and Moustache Championships 2007. Contest is every two years, I'm not sure who won this year. Sidenote: it sucks when I get kinks in my hair from wearing a ponytail, but really is gross when you have a kink in your BEARD! Eww.
A lot of the gang. You can see Moses (or Abraham?) on the right!
Seriously, some facial hair is disgusting. And even more disgusting, the man on the left was in red tights.
Cute Austrian man! He totally didn't speak English, but I showed him our camera and he understood what we wanted. I think the guy who took this picture thought Ty and I were married haha.

1 comments:

HDVB said...

I love it! I'm so glad that you shared these pictures! I honestly wish that there were such fun (and quirky) events here in Ohio!