Andy had to work late(r) on Monday night so I was on my own for dinner. I had just gotten home from work and my stomach was definitely growling. As I perused the cabinets, fridge, and freezer for something to eat, I decided that our freezer mess had really gotten out of hand and that it was time for a little organizing. As I rearranged everything into the proper locations (I'm afraid I might be a little OCD) I found a small surprise! I pulled out this baggy from the depths of the freezer and lo and behold, there were two brownie squares.
Now let me rewind a little. The other week I had really been craving these yummy brownies that my dad's Aunt Jane used to make. I never make them because I rarely have all of the ingredients in my house, let alone at the same time (semi-sweet chocolate chips, german chocolate cake mix, evaporated milk or sweetened condensed milk since I don't even know the difference, and caramels). Well, as I was having these cravings I found bags of Kraft caramels on sale for $.50 at Fred Meyer! Holy moly you can be sure I stocked up! Well, it might have been a coincidence, but I am pretty sure it was meant to be. So I made the brownies and the next day when I got home from work I ate half of the pan. Yes, you read that right. I ate half a pan of brownies in one sitting! I texted Andy and told him he could have the rest of the brownies because I hadn't made a very good batch and I wasn't about to eat them if they weren't up to par with Aunt Jane's. Little did he know I'd eaten my fair share for the week. So he came home to find half of the pan gone and proposed a plan. He said, "Why don't you cut the rest of the pan into squares and put them in portion sizes in the freezer? Then, when you want them, you have them, but not the entire pan at one time." I did just that.
Until Monday night, I totally thought they were gone but, I found a baggy with two! (Portion size, right?) My plan was to eat just one, like I said, it was my plan. I put one on a plate and popped it into the microwave because they are way better when they are gooey. I scarfed that one down in no time and decided I better go ahead and eat the second on. Literally as I was putting the brownie on the plate to heat it up I swear to you I said out loud, "Don't put the fork in the microwave," though I was alone, so I have no witness. I again, popped the plate in the microwave, began washing my hands, and not even 2 seconds later it sounded like I was on the Star Wars set! I can't explain the sound but I quickly whipped open the door and to my dismay there was a huge black burn mark on the side of the microwave. I was cracking up at this point, because like I said, I know that I told myself to take that stupid fork off of the plate! So I pulled out the fork, which was also black on the end that rubbed against the microwave and laughed at myself for almost 20 minutes as I enjoyed my second brownie.
I think this blonde thing has really thrown me for a spin.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Blonde Moment.
Posted by
Brianna
at
7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
haha, that's hilarious, I'm glad you just laughed at yourself and then enjoyed the brownie, I would have done the same ;)
Post a Comment