Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fam Tour III

The third day of our tour was spent in Fairbanks. Fairbanks has the "Northernmost" everything: Subway, McDonalds, Walmart, golf course, etc. It has very extreme temperatures, from -50ish in the winter to 90 in the summer! We were able to visit the three properties our guests stay at and also explore downtown. I pretty much love downtown Fairbanks because we get to eat free nearly everywhere. Come on, who doesn't like free food? We also got to ride the Riverboat Discovery and visit the El Dorado Gold Mine. I've never panned for gold before, BUT I am slowly becoming a pro! I got $3.00 worth of gold in my poke...call me rich!


While on the Riverboat, a float plane takes off and lands right next to you. Pretty cool, if you ask me! The Riverboat also goes by the late Susan Butcher's property. Here are some of her dogs giving us a mushing demonstration via ATV.


AND, the best part of my whole entire tour was this:

In case you can't tell, those black spots are a momma bear and her cub running away from the road! AH, I am still in love with moose, but bears are right up near the top!

0 comments: