Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fam Tour II

The next place we traveled to was Denali. Denali is really only a town when the tourists are around. During the winter, the population is 6, and these people just stick around to make sure the pipes don't freeze! I like Denali becuase it is very rustic. Town consists of a gas station (only $4.86 a gallon when I was there a few days ago), probably eight souvenir shops, and a few restaurants. When we were in Denali we also go to fly to McKinley, BUT, after about five minutes of flying, the pilot of my plane said, "Uh, folks, we're going to have to go back. It looks like our right engine isn't working properly." So we returned. Better that than be without an engine somewhere yonder in the mountains!


That evening we went ATVing near Healy. It was a blast!



The following morning we went to the Husky Homestead. Not sure if any of you are familiar with Jeff King, but he has won the Iditarod four times. With this excursion, guests are able to go to his home and training facility for his dogs. It was also very fun, except for I'm not a big fan of dogs besides Oscar.. Besides that it was very, very informative and is actually our #1 rated excursion!

1 comments:

Katie said...

This is sweetness! I'm glad to see you're blogging again. Even though talking to you on the phone is great, seeing the pictures is better. I can't believe the experiences you are having...so jealous!