I know there is a fine line between blogging and bragging and I'll be honest, this post is pure bragging.
I got into couponing a couple of months ago and I'm addicted. I don't think I have been so addicted to any hobby! I guess you could call couponing my drug of choice. I avidly follow several couponing websites (I let someone else find the deals for me) and I am always looking for ways to save my money while increasing my pantry, fridge, freezer, toiletries, etc. Believe it or not, it works. And Andy loves it. The money in our bank account is increasing as we are losing places to put our purchases! Those of you who've visited here know that mi casa is wittle.
Though Andy likes to go shopping with me most of the time and likes to hear alllll about the "deal I just found", I needed a girl to do this with. I sat down and taught one of my best friends Annie the basics aka gave her a taste of my choice drug. Guess whose addicted now? Guess who goes shopping with me every Saturday morning/afternoon? Guess who looks for coupons for me and who I print coupons for? Yup, Annie. We put together our plan of attack starting Monday and by Saturday we are raring to go. You see, couponing hasn't really caught on up here (and I keep my secrets because I don't want competition haha) so we are able to wait until the end of the week to do our shopping. My mom can't even go out on Monday afternoon without everything already being gone!
I have begun to closely track my savings and I wanted to show you everything I purchased last week. Keep in mind this is allllllll done with coupons. Ready?!
Here's the rundown (I'll put approximate prices next to each item; everything in green was 100% FREE; items in red were MIA for this picture):Carr's Safeway
2 - 10 count Mission flour tortillas ($.84 each, usually $2.99)
4 - 2 Liter 7UP
Fred Meyer
French's Fried Onions ($1.69, usually $4.5oish)
2 - Velveeta cheese cups ($1.12, one was free)
Fajita mix ($.29)
4 - Oral-B toothbrushes ($1.00 each, usually $3.50)
Prevacid
5 - Mennen deodorant ($.99 each, usually $2.99; two were free)
milk ($4.59)
portable propane grill ($20.00)
Target
Bag of Twix ($2.59, regular $10.00)
3 - Dove deodorant, full size
4 - Dove deodorant, travel size
Maybelline mascara ($1.24, regular $3.49)
black shirt ($1.98, regular $15.99)
4 - Kraft shredded cheese ($1.91, regular $3.00)
3 - Gillette Clinical Strength deodorant/antiperspirant ($1.97 each)
3 - Gillette body wash (valued at about $12.00 total, but we got 'em free!)
Walmart
Kikkoman Soy Sauce ($1.32, regular $1.87)
Kikkoman Lime Ponzu Sauce
5 - Wheatables Almond crackers ($1.00-$1.24, usually $4.59)
Fig Newtons ($2.19, usually $3.89)
2 - Oral-B toothbrushes ($2.47 each, one was free)
Clearance Easter cups ($.10 - didn't buy because they are cute, I just need them when I go to Seattle)
whipping cream ($3.89)
Walgreens
3 - Reach floss
Gas-X ($2.29, regularly $5.29)
2 - Off! Clip-on Fans (these were $.12 each, I consider that free!)
2 - Sudafed PE
2 - Tylenol Cold
2 - Skintimate shave gel
6 - Acai supplements
2 - Ibuprofen
bag of 30 sponges ($1.69, regularly $4.00, but I think I got them free?)
Covergirl mascara (Regular $7.99, got it free!)
Covergirl lipgloss
8 - Hallmark cards (paid for two, the other six were free)
2 - Lemonheads ($.25 each)
2 - Ben & Jerry's Half Baked pints ($4.79, one was free)
5 comments:
Congratulations on getting your wisdom teeth out. You look cute with fat cheeks. I woke up crying after my wisdom teeth surgery. My mom thought it was because I didn't want Jeff there (we were engaged at the time).
Also looks like some really good deals. I have never tried couponing. What websites do you check? Or will you not let me in on your secret? (I think that I will not be competition since we obviously don't shop at the same stores). Ha Ha
You do realize you now have 15 sticks of deodorant? My goodness, crazy woman!! :)
this is awesome!!
WoWOWoWow! YOU ARE AMAZING GIRL!!!!!!
What a gal you are --- so amazing --- you need to teach me --- OR do "old dogs" learn new tricks --- maybe it's too late.
Post a Comment