Thursday, April 29, 2010

Swan Lake, Family, and Wisdom Teeth.

This is a continuation of the first blog I did about arriving in IF. We were in Idaho for only a short couple of days before heading to Utah to get my wisdom teeth out. We headed to Logan to meet Dave at his shop and happened to drive through the infamous town of Swan Lake. Of course we had to stop and take a picture. This is the first time we have been through Swan Lake in full daylight and realized there was a church behind the store where we could have probably slept that loooong night in 2008.

Met Dave and Jacob at Dave's shop in Logan. Decided we ought to go to dinner. Cheri showed up as did Christian! It was fun to meet him and get to know him, even if just for a couple of hours. We left Logan relatively late, drove through the craziest blizzard either of us have been in in years, and finally arrived to Jeffrey and Kathleen's where we stayed up and chatted for...hours.
The next morning we ran up to my house to say hi to whoever was home and then drove to Provo to meet G&G Holt who were nice enough to drive up from Richfield to meet us for lunch at Applebee's!
Wes and Saun invited us to stay with them for a couple of days, so of course we took up their offer. While in Utah County we went to In-N-Out Burger and Cafe Rio (I wanted Cafe Rio to be my last meal before my surgery). Incidentally, the only time we had to go out for these meals was back to back. literally. We went to In-N-Out at 5:30pm and to Cafe Rio with Wes and Saun at 6:30pm. Awesome.

I had my wisdom teeth out on Thursday 4/8. I had them removed at a clinic in West Jordan (scurrry, but not as scary as West Valley haha). I had been nervous for this surgery for at least a month. The more I learn about the body, the less I want anyone messing with it - I don't want surgery, I don't want to be put to sleep. Anyway, I got bad butterflies the morning of and was just sick to my stomach. We arrived (late) to the office and had to fill out a bunch of sign-my-life-away paperwork. I was in the chair at 11:15am. The Dr. talked to me for a couple of minutes. Next thing I knew I was waking up and everything was all cleaned up! We were in the car, headed to my parents, at noon. I wouldn't admit it then, but I will tell you now that I was very drugged. Andy says I was happy. Really happy. That is better than a good friend of mine who has to be restrained because she gets violent!
Pretty awesome blood all over my lips. And pretty glassy eyes, if you ask me. At this point I was having a slight freak out because I was seeing three of everything - my right eye alone would see normally, but my left eye was seeing duplicates.
Got to my mom's house and put ice on instantly, but I knew that holding the packs like this would get old real fast. So while Andy and Lyss ran to Smith's to get my prescriptions, Emily and I pulled a Paul Nye and created this:


Yes, I tied the packs to my face. Do you wanna know how awesome that was? A. I could have both hands at my disposal and B. since I left the packs on allllll day, my cheeks were hardly swollen that night before I went to bed!
Playing Monopoly Deal. If you're not addicted yet, see Andy or myself. Or Annie or Cam or Shaina or Kellen or any of Shaina's friends or Caitlin or Ryan or any of my siblings - we will help you out!
While they played Deal, I decided I better study. I later realized that I was too drugged to really absorb anything.
Bill and Janalyn and family stopped by for a quick visit. We honestly did not recognize Dru or Porter! They have all grown up so much.
Awesome self-photo. Everyone else was playing basketball. I was just being bored.
We celebrated my birthday - I got Word Blur!
Imagine that, playing Deal again? Yes, actually. We could play it all day, every day.
Had a fun BBQ in Farmington with the Nye family. It took me 2.5 hours to eat a hamburger patty. Oh, but it tasted so good as I didn't even chew it and it slid down my throat haha.
Were able to see Jim and Lindsey for a quick couple of hours.
Saying goodbye to Jeffrey before he left for church. Unfortunately I don't have a pic with Kath! Check out my left cheek!
And saying goodbye to Wes.
And to dad.
And to the rest of the family. I wish I would have gotten this pic beforrrre the surgery.
Cute sisters. Fat cheeked Brianna.
We headed back to Idaho on Sunday afternoon and stopped to visit the Stewarts in Blackfoot.
Arrived late-ish in Rexburg and had to put heat on my face. This rice bag did the trick - and I again tied it to my head.
Claudia dropped us off at the IF airport where our plane was delayed so she stayed for awhile to chat with us. Here is evidence of Andy's paparazzi skills:



It was definitely an abbreviated trip, but it was fun! Hope to be back sometime in the next...year.

You are all more than welcome to visit us here. Roundtrip tickets from SLC to Anchorage are at about $550! Will we be seeing you this summer?

3 comments:

Saundra said...

Awesome pics, especially the paparazzi ones. Thanks for visiting. It was so fun to see you guys. I hope your cheeks are doing well. And I really admire you for your coupon spending. Awesome! I really need to get into that. We miss you guys already!

HDVB said...

I love those 'wisdom-teeth' cheeks!!! You are so cute! I'm glad you got to see the fam and have so much fun!

mama said...

LOVED LOVED all the pictures --- fun to re-live your trip again down here.

Andy REALLY is good at being paparazzi --- spying on me as I left the airport.

Thank you for the post.