Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend.

We landed in IF yesterday and it was snowing Dippin' Dots.

And then it was thundering and lightning while it snowed.
Most bizarre weather I've ever been in.

Chalmers and Stacy picked us up from the airport and we met Mama Nye for breakfast/lunch/dinner/whatever meal it was by that time.
Excuse the "We-slept-on-the-Seattle-airport-floor-for-a-couple-hours" look, we had yet to take a shower. Is Andi the cutest girl ever, or what!? I want to take her home.

I have been begging Andy since we have been married to find his dot painting from his mission. . . and three years later, look what he dug up! I am so so so thrilled. For those of you who have been to the Outback, you know that these paintings can go for several thousand dollars. You also know how awesome it is that this one was personalized for him (and he got to help paint it)! I accidentally posted the pictures out of order, so the first one is of his personalized kangaroo skin, and the second is of his painting.
I LOVE IT.

As for Easter, we didn't do anything too special but visit and eat Cadbury eggs.

Wisdom teeth will be coming out later this week!

3 comments:

mama said...

Glad you found the Australia treasure among all the STUFF in the basement. So fun to have you with us --- it just goes too fast.

HDVB said...

WOW that dot painting is amazing! Good luck getting your wisdom teeth out! I hope they are knocking you out for that ordeal! :)

P.S. LOVE that you guys are getting your pilot's license - and maybe just a wee bit jealous ;)

Also, LOVE that you guys play rock,paper,scissors to settle marital disputes...pretty much Daniel and I have used that in lieu of Guitar Hero when in public situations...lol, I'm so glad that there's another couple like us! :)

AND - I hope PA school is fabulous - you're such a freakin' smarty pants that you're probably blowing everyone else out of the water!

Samye said...

We have friends moving to your area(I think) send me an email and I will pass along names and info!!

samye peterson at gmail dot com