After our hike, Andy told me we had somewhere to be at about 7. I usually don't pry, but I really really really do not like being in the spotlight (being sung to at Red Robin was bad enough) so I casually/annoyingly asked some questions:
Do I need socks? This eliminated bowling.
Will I be given socks? This also eliminated bowling since our alley gives us socks.
Do I need to dress up or can I go as I am (hiking clothes)? This took out anything fancy.
Will I have to remove my clothing? Andy laughed so hard at this, but it eliminated a massage!
Anyway, we ended up at the home of Randolfini (that is what I call him) and Ashley; they are in our ward. Ashley makes incredible desserts and Andy employed her help. When we walked in the lights were off and I was so nervous that there were going to be other people there - I say that like we have a lot of friends haha. Anyway, I truly wouldn't even go around the corner until they promised me no one else was in the kitchen. I don't know why people I know make me so nervous!First off, Andy probably should have recommended that I at least look presentable haha. Second off, she made this cake because she hates how we are always traveling - she must want us to know there are sharks in the ocean haha! Just kidding. She just saw this cake in a book and wanted to make it. She really does have a talent that I don't think I will ever have. Plus, I never have the ingredients to make anything. We ended our night playing Mario on Wii. One of the most fun games I have ever played!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Surprise Birthday Cake.
Posted by
Brianna
at
11:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow --- those are some desserts. Did they taste as good as they looked. Sounds like it was a fun birthday.
What are the yellow things? I see hot dogs. :)
Happy Birthday. Those sharks do look menacing. (But at the same time really cute).
How thoughtful of Andy to have a cake made for you. (Probably better than to attempt the feat himself).
Happy Belated Birthday! And have I ever told that I think you are simply beautiful! I've always that you were a gorgeous girl! And I think it is completely amazing the life you are living in ALASKA!! SO COOL!!
The yellow things are supposed to be buoys. I was running out of time and Randolfini said to just use twinkies. I can totally see hot dogs though...haha.
And just to clarify...I don't hate that they're always traveling...I'm just jealous! :D
That cake is AMAZING!!! I want to make it and then eat it!!! Happy Birthday! P.S. I loved your questions to Andy...haha! Jeff is going to love this cake and post.
Post a Comment