Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Before and After.

For those of you who have heard our Craigslist "chair" story, here is the chair. For those of you who haven't, maybe I'll write about it someday.

I have been looking for a chair for our living room a.k.a. our only room a.k.a. it is awkward when people come over because there is no where to sit. Anyway, we picked up this chair off of Craigslist last week with all intentions to fix it up a bit (the fabric on the pillows just isn't me haha). Check it out.

Don't mind the Christmas tubs and pile of clothing to the left - we really need to make a run to our trailer and to Salvation Army, respectively.
After two visits to the fabric store I picked up some fabric, on sale! I covered those bad boys right up and voila - our new chair! It is not amazing, but for three hours of my time and under $50, I am completely satisfied.

You're probably thinking that this doesn't add a whole lot of sitting room - you're right. But! It will make it less awkward when the Home Teachers come over or when we want to hang out with friends or when Andy and I just don't want to sit on the same couch.
The end.

8 comments:

Annie Lee said...

It looks SO great! What a deal!

Caitlin said...

I want to see pictures of your whole apartment!

Grandpa Herb and Grandma Nay said...

Hi Bri: Wonderful job on the chair! Wow, you saved a bundle. I think you have a bit of your Mom in you. Good thing. Love, G'ma

Cathie said...

I am VERY impressed! Now I know who to ask when i need help! We must have the same birthday because I like your style! :)
Your Mexico cruise looks AWESOME! (except the jelly stings - ouch!) You look SO MUCH like your sister Em? I hope school is going well. We need to visit.

Anonymous said...

well arent you crafty! Love it!

mama said...

Love the chair --- you are so talented. You did a great job on the overhaul AND picking a great fabric. Good for you.

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

I love it! I didn't know you sewed. That chair sure beats Cayman when we had the missionaries visit and we had to sit on our bed while they sat on two chairs right in front of us.

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

Loved hearing about your 1st day of school. Can't wait to read more.