Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter.

On Saturday afternoon we went to Jake and Lydia's to dye eggs. We had a wonderful time; I know the guys didn't think it would be very fun, but I promise you they go into it as much as the girls!

I think Lydia hardboiled three dozen eggs!
My friend Caitlin mentioned to me last week that she dyed blown out eggs. Well, I wanted to try that, so we brought some raw eggs. Holy cow! Talk about way too much effort!
Lydia and I had a contest to see who could get their egg blown out first. I swear mine was twice as full as hers! Ü
Mission accomplished.
Afterward we tossed our dye into the snow!
Artwork by Lydia and Brianna.

4 comments:

mama said...

You REALLY did dye a lot of eggs. Looks like it was so much fun. I loved tossing the dye into the snow. We didn't get around to dying any --- too many other things going on I guess. Love you --- love to see all the fun you're having up north.

HDVB said...

How fun! I've never tried to actually blow the yolk out...amen to too much effort!

Beth said...

Where are pictures of the finished pieces?! Looks like you guys had too much fun blowing out the yolks ;-) Miss ya!

Cathie said...

I am totally going to color my snow next year --- well, I will be happy if there is no snow to color too! :) I have never heard of blown out eggs - that is cool.