Friday, April 18, 2008

Fire!

Yesterday I was sitting all alone in our friend's condo while everyone was at work. I had been doing laundry all morning and decided to lay on the couch to take a nap, because doing laundry is really tiring, right? I got up and switched out the clothes from the washer to the dryer, went back to the couch, laid down, closed my eyes, and instantly the fire alarm started going off. As you can imagine, I JUMPED from the couch and ran to the dryer thinking it was smoking. I opened it and everything was normal, so I grabbed my keys and my phone and ran downstairs and out to the parking lot. I got to the parking lot and a million questions are going through my head, "Did I leave my straightener on? Have I overheated the dryer?" Pretty much having a panic attack, I called Andy, and he didn't answer. By this time I was really confused as to why I was the only person outside and the alarm was STILL going off? I called him again and he answered and I told him the situation and he said, "They are probably just testing it." I'm like, "I don't think so! Don't you they'd have a note on the door or something?" He replied, "Well if I were you, I'd run back in and check the room and make sure we aren't causing it." YEAH RIGHT! I'm not running back in there! Right then the alarm stopped and this guy came running out and said, "You're not out here because of that alarm are you?" WELL DUH, SIR! But of course, I smiled and said, "Nope, just on the phone!"

I walked back in the building and these two elderly ladies were just barely coming out of the stairwell I thought to myself, "If that had been real, they'd surely be out of luck!" They turned to me and said, "Is this a test, or what?" I said, "Yes." One of them said, "And they didn't bother telling anyone? I was in the middle of a Scrabble game on the internet with a man from Japan!" Hahahaha. The other said, "I suppose I better go up and let my husband know!" Sad! She just left her husband up there to burn! The one concerned with missing her Scrabble game saw a key in the elevator, you know, the one they use to turn it on or off, said, "Why is that key there? Are they just going to leave it there?" After some deliberation she said, "Well, if they are going to play a trick on us, I am going to play a trick on them!" She took the key out and used the elevator! People are so weird sometimes!

1 comments:

Saun and Wes said...

That was hilarious. Bri, you crack me up. I was laughing so hard. Except I lost my voice today so it was a silent laugh. I love how you smiled at the guy and said you were just on the phone. So funny. Hope you guys are doing good!