I have about half a million things on my mind, many of which I should blog about, but I don't even know where to begin. One of these things includes wondering how a lot of stupid people (sorrynotsorry) make it to the top of the food chain? It really bothers me! I am not going to go into details at the moment, instead I will do my best to just laugh!
On a random note, I experienced deja vu twice this week. Now that I am writing about it, I can't remember one of the moments, but the other was on Friday morning. My office manager brought pastries from a local bakery for breakfast. They were in our break room, sitting on the corner of the table closest to the door, in a white bakery box, with a stack of napkins to the right and a blue pen nearby. I went in to find myself something yummy, and, after washing my hands, I turned to walk toward the box. Instantly I was overwhelmed with the feeling that I had done this before! The pen next to the napkins next to the box was what triggered it. A pen! Deja vu is so weird. The most crazy aspect of these experiences for me (which occur few and far between), is the fact that my cousin Rachel is always always a part of it, like whatever I am deja vuing about was previously done with her. She is a couple years younger than me, lives in Utah, and we're close cousins, but it isn't like we are the best of friends or anything (I hope you don't take any offense to that, Rach...and, I hope you are not wigged out haha!) What do you think deja vu is all about? I have my thoughts, but should do more research.
On another random note, Andy and I were called as ward youth volleyball coaches several weeks back. At first I was a little hesitant (not out loud, only in my mind) because we didn't really know any youth or their parents in this ward. Of course we told Bishop that we would do it and I would dare say that it is the best calling yet! On top of this, I am 13-14 year old Sunday School teacher and Andy is an Elder's Quorum instructor. Basically we are responsible for preparing a lesson and teaching it each Sunday to youth (me) and adult men (Andy). Now that I have been teaching and coaching, I feel like I know most of the ward! It is amazing that with just a little involvement, you can feel like you fit right in. I seriously love my team and today sealed the deal! We have, on average, 10 kids at practice and then 7 or 8 at the games. I imagine this is what being a parent is like (or being a coach, a teacher...) We have taken a group of kids whose names we didn't even know, who, with the exception of one or two who have played on a volleyball team, have never played volleyball except maybe in PE class! In just a few short weeks (we practice each Wednesday for an hour), they have improved leaps and bounds! They are awesome. You know how I know? Not only are they smiling during and after every game...we are undefeated. I guess that is a reason to smile, right? They play so well together and I love to see them excited. One girl said today, "It feels so good when I spike the ball! I can't really explain it!" I know exactly what she is talking about, because I've felt that same feeling. Sometimes (okay, lots of times) the ball drops on the ground and occasionally we miss a serve, but they are giving a great effort and it shows. We have a reputation now! Unfortunately, Andy couldn't be at our games today (we played three teams). The kids asked where Brother Nye was, a little bit bummed he was not there (me too, I was nervous they would lose with just me coaching). I love the energy that we bring to the team when we are together.
Speaking of teaching, I have to finish up my lesson in the morning so I better head to bed. More updates in the forecast. :)
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Current events.
Posted by
Brianna
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment