Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Driver's License.

We are renting a place about 1.5 miles from my work. This means that we can, for yet another year probably, get by with just one vehicle! Andy takes me to work and picks me up at the end of each day. Some people think we are nuts and others wonder just how we do it. We have pretty much had only one vehicle (with the exception of the plow truck which didn't count and the ghetto auction car that we owned for less than a week) since moving to Alaska and have encountered a scheduling conflict maaaayyybe ten times? We really have had no trouble at all.

Fast forward to about 4 weeks into my new job as a physician assistant. Two of the girls I work with came to my office and essentially cornered me. They said, "We have a really serious question for you...Do you even have a driver's license?" Hahahahahahhahahahahaha. I died laughing. It was so funny. The question was so legit, I had just never thought about it! I exclaimed, "Yes!" They continued to explain to me the logic for the question, which I totally understood. They thought for sure I had a DUI or had lost my license some other way. Too funny.

Speaking of driver's licenses. I had to renew my license before my 26th birthday, so Andy and I went to the DMV on one of my days off. There was no line! Unheard of!! It was a great experience (doesn't that sound like such and oxymoron to say "great experience" in the same paragraph as "DMV"??)

Anyway, whenever I think about driver's license pictures I think of my friend, Steph Randall from Nebraska, who makes sure she is lookin' smokin' hot when she gets her picture taken for her license. Me? Eh, I don't really care much. However, I am way annoyed this year! One of the gold lines that appears to be something that would differentiate a real license from a counterfeit one runs straight across my eyes! It looks like my eyes are closed! I may not have been all gussied up, but I definitely had my eyes open! Grr...that dumb gold line ruined my license photo.

So shallow, I know. But funny all the way around.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ha ha. Thanks for making me sound super shallow. And for your information I look smokin' hot everyday.

Mama said...

Funny story for sure

HDVB said...

Haha, I am laughing out loud, great story. My drivers license photo is awful!

Tasha said...

That is funny! I do actually know someone in Omaha who refuses to drive because it scares her--I feel bad for her poor husband who is her chauffeur (and they have two super nice cars).