Fur Rendezvous takes place the weekend before the Iditarod. Rondy, as we call it, is basically a big winter carnival. We made a quick trip downtown...only to realize it was way too windy and neither of us wanted to get out of the truck! Instead, we drove down the road that took us through the middle of everything. Traffic was ridiculous and it probably took us 45 minutes to go just a few blocks. We got to the end and made our way back to the SnoCross lot. It was still super cold and windy, so we only stood there for maybe 10 minutes. Evidently, I am a wimp! Actually, I take that back. I am just picky. I HATE WIND. I would much rather go for a walk in -40 degree weather without wind than stand in 10 degree weather with wind.
I had to make sure we got a picture outside as proof that we "attended" Rondy 2011. :)
After that, we went over to the Alaska Dinner Factor to redeem our Groupon. (PS. If you haven't heard of/bought/enjoyed Groupon, START TODAY. We are Groupon addicts! Best thing ever.) Anyway, the Dinner Factory is basically like a moms-who-don't-have-time-to-cook kind of thing. We paid for three meals and were able to assemble them there and then put them in the freezer when we got home.
After that, we went over to the Alaska Dinner Factor to redeem our Groupon. (PS. If you haven't heard of/bought/enjoyed Groupon, START TODAY. We are Groupon addicts! Best thing ever.) Anyway, the Dinner Factory is basically like a moms-who-don't-have-time-to-cook kind of thing. We paid for three meals and were able to assemble them there and then put them in the freezer when we got home.


2 comments:
Hey I like that idea --- of the meal thing. AND your family sure looks good and I love your hair. AND Emily's hair looks more like the color you explained of yours. Glad you were able to get home to see them --- and sorry I broke down on my way to see you in Poc.
I need to pay more attention to Groupons! I've missed a lot of good ones. Phooey. Also, I love how you're still bundled in your pictures and I had a BBQ. :)
Post a Comment