Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Skiing!

One of the recent Groupons was for ski passes at Alyeska. We got two day passes and two night passes. Well, we used the night passes within days since they were good on weekends. The day passes, however, are only good Monday through Friday which is problematic for someone like myself who is busy until 4 every day. I didn't have time over spring break, so I began looking for the "perfect" day to skip school. . .I can't even believe I just admitted that! I am so not like that! Anyway, I did not want our passes to go to waste and since we are at the end of ski season, I knew I needed to hurry it up. Well, I found out on Tuesday afternoon that I had Wednesday afternoon off! Andy was able to have the day off as well (flexible jobs are nice!) and we headed out.




It was such a GORGEOUS day - one of those days that just...reminds me how much I love it here, I guess.



Moosen in the woodsen! On the way out to Girdwood, Andy spotted 4 moose out in the marsh. FOUR! Can you believe it? I have seen 3 moose at the same time but never 4. And even then, it was a mom and two calves. These were easily 4 big moose. Crazily enough, they were there on our way home too! Pretty sure I can only pick out 3 moose in this picture, but the other was there somewhere.

Anyway, Andy is a good sport for putting up with me. I am NOT a good skier...but I can get from the top of the mountain to the bottom. That is adequate, yeah? I should probably spend some time at the little resort..."resort"...before I go back out next season.

Will be posting about my birthday in uno momento!

3 comments:

mama said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful day and beautiful people. It looks like it was a perfect day to be away from school and such. Well you are better than me at skiing --- since I've never even been on a pair.
Love you both

Cathie said...

Alyeska is breath taking! How wonderful to get the perfect day skiing and not even miss a full day of school! It's true, Andy's flexible job would come in handy! Also, I do appreciate the Brian Regan humor!
Your hair is cute. I wonder what life would be like for me if a ponytail wasn't an option...hmmm.
And, I had better get with it and sign up for Groupon it seems like something I could love!
I'm excited to hear about your birthday in un momento 'Mi Cumpleanos Amiga!'

Samye said...

First off, jealous you guys got to go skiing- what a beautiful way to spend your day!! Also, want to see more pics of this new haircut!! It looks SUPER CUTE!!