Monday, January 24, 2011

Ups and Downs. (And a Messed Up Font Size.)

Okay, before I actually blog, let me share two things on my mind:

01. We are watching American Idol right now and I just don't think it is the same without Simon. And it is full of people who just want to be on TV - too many weirdos! I think they said this is the 10th season which means it can be over now, right? Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but...it is just getting old.

02. You may or may not have noticed, but there are far too many new reality shows on TV featuring Alaska. Seriously. Alaska Wingmen, Fly Alaska, Gold Rush, The Alaska Experiment (that one was actually good and I would recommend it on Netflix), Sarah Palin's Alaska (did you see the one where Kate plus 8 was on? hahaha), and of course, Ice Road Truckers and Deadliest Catch. There are definitely others, I just can't keep track of them. I promise we will see a huge influx of people up here and I just think it is lame. But whatever, I am living the dream and don't blame anyone who wants to do so as well!

Anyway, I was going to start this post with a line from A Tale of Two Cities: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." However, life has been good to us with only a few hiccups in the last month or so.

I'll make this short and sweet (riiiiiight...?) Here we go:

Andy's iPhone got stolen by a pipsqueak at the high school he teaches at.

I was ticked.

Andy interrogated the suspects.

They all denied it and one even said she would "...keep my eye out for it, Mr. Nye."

Andy filed a police report and because he runs a small business, we had to replace the phone immediately, so he got a new iPhone.

Hundreds of dollars later I was still ticked.

We had the missionaries over and I attempted to thicken my soup with flour thus creating "flour balls" in my soup.

Andy got a cold.

We went to Hawaii.

I got a cold on day 2.

I had a small change of heart (
really small) and hoped that whoever stole the phone did so because they needed the money for Christmas, or something. Right? Because that would be good story, but very unlikely.

We had a fantastic time on vacation.

We came home from Hawaii.

We had one more week off and slept in every day. Til like 10. Highly unusual.

Anchorage allowed fireworks for 3 1/2 hours on New Year's Eve.

We hung out with the Petersen's and the Cleaver's to ring in the New Year.

We returned to school.

Andy texted me one day in class and said, "I GOT MY PHONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes, there were really that many (or more) exclamation points.

Long story short, the little
twirp (my change of heart quickly reversed) who said she would look for "Mr. Nye's phone" was the thief!

The thief (I won't disclose her name, but I have enough dirt on her and stupid, gross pics she took on the phone - I call them Myspace pictures - to r u i n her life) was to be arrested and charged with a felony as stealing anything over $500 in value is a felony in Alaska.

But the school jumped in and basically said that the police really really really shouldn't do that because she didn't deserve it and blah blah blah freaking BLAH.

The school also didn't want to suspend her because, well, she gave the phone back.


DO YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT THAT THIS MIGHT BE THE REASON SOME KIDS ARE HELLIONS!?

I am sorry, but don't mess with Mr. Nye...or Mr. Nye's wife.


I went to el doctaire (not spelled right, but you gotsta say it right) and got antibiotics.

For both of us.

Shhh. :)

We felt better.

The thief has still not had any consequences.

She's lucky I'm really a nice person inside...

We got rear-ended by a young lass.

No damage to our truck, thankfully.

Andy is feeling overworked at his job.

I am still enjoying school.

A good friend from school just moved in next door.

We got a new missionary.

He is friends with a boy I dated for like one week (Marcus).

Who kissed like a dog hahahahaha.

And on Sunday, Elder Squires told him, "You have not had a complete mission until you've experienced Sister Nye's flour ball soup!"

Holy cow, I will not live this down.

Have I mentioned our Elders are awesome? Truly.

I want my sister to marry one of them haha.

We got out of school early today.

I went shopping with my friend/new neighbor.

Andy went to the gym.

He is kicking butt.

Maybe I will get up early to work out tomorrow.

Maybe.

And thus concludes the ups and downs of Andy and Bri for the last two months. Until next time...

7 comments:

HDVB said...

Fabulous post!

Glad the twirp gave "Mr. Nye's" phone back!

antibiotics for two?! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Also, I bet your flour ball soup is delicious ;)

mama said...

Just a tip from your OLD mother in law. When you thicken with flour OR cornstarch --- you first mix it with cold water -- stir it until it's SMOOTH so it's a liquid BEFORE you put it in the soup. But maybe they thought you had made dumplings ---
Sorry about all your mishaps.

Elise said...

Hysterical! The spazzy change of fonts just made it seem more authentic for some reason.

I'm glad you got your phone back. And I agree. That pipsqueak should suffer some consequences.

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. I love this post! I want to be your new neighbor.. I promise I wont steal Mr. Nyes Iphone- cause I have the NYE gene as well.. we kick butt and take names.. but usually we are all talk because deep down- we are nice. ha. Seriously. Umm. I am going on vacay with the Forbushes.. how crazy is that? I envy your life- amen.

Caitlin said...

Oh man, you crack me up! Oh Marcus hahahahaha. Also, we're assuming Ryan's iPod got stolen but it was partially his fault if it did! I'll explain later if we ever talk again. :) I'm glad Andy got his back because I can only imagine how royally TICKED you two were!

Cathie said...

Bri, I like the way you think! I agree that no consequences = hellions! I am glad there was a lot of good in your last two months! I am getting an estimate on our basement kitchen so we will let you know if we are going to put it in soon! XOXO

Stephanie said...

I can't believe that brat stole his phone. Ahhh. And that is why I am afraid of teenagers.

If it makes you feel better about the Alaskan reality shows, I have only heard of one of them, and seen none of them. But then again we don't get any stations, not even local.

Working out is overrated, take a nap instead.