Sunday, January 9, 2011

Catching Up. Again.

I am quite the notable unchronologic (pretend that is a word?) blogger! It's no secret that blogging is not very high on my list or priorities, but blogstalking totally is, so to all of you who blog - blog more often! Alright, let us rewind to November.

We were blessed with a beautiful, white Thanksgiving. It was one of those storms with huge snowflakes! It snowed all day long and Andy and I went out to plow after the festivities.

We were invited to Amy and Geary's for Thanksgiving breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks/way-too-much-food-period. The Palmers and Yorks are kind of our family up here and it is so nice of them to include us in everything.

We at a yummmmmmmy breakfast and then played on the new Kinect for Xbox (I think?). It was so fun and funny! One game, Dance Central, was so so embarrassing. I'm trying to be better at breaking out of my shell, so I played. Hoooooly cow, I hated it haha. I don't know the name of the other game, but it was quite the workout! The pictures we took were funny too:



As always, dinner was too much. We could have fed an army! It was definitely delicious. If I know ONE thing about the Palmers and Yorks, they know how to cook!


Amy and Geary.

Annie, Lori, Amy.

Andy and I. Believe it or not, we both looked very nice when we got there. Theeennnnn we played that crazy Kinect game and were dripping wet with sweat, thus the beautiful hairdo on my part!

Moving on. . .

We laughed when we saw this bumper sticker on a truck in front of us. And then we got a call that night from someone in the ward asking us to help someone else move because we had a truck. Hahaha.

At some point in Novemeber we purchased this beauty. We call him Whitey. Gus is our other truck. Haha. Anyway, Andy decided that he wanted to expand his snow plowing business and this was the next step. It has been lucrative thus far, but we still pray for snow every night. (No snow in the forecast for awhile!)

I meant to include this in our Christmas/Maui post. We had a lovely Christmas dinner at Zippy's in Kahalui as it was the only restaurant besides McDonald's that was open.

And now the pictures to go with the FB statuses:



We sat next to Bristol Palin and her sister, Piper, at the Ace's game! I feel so bad for her. Paparazzi (me included) probably need to get a life! Give people their life back! Anyway, she was super cool and her son, Tripp, was gorgeous. We decided that boys aren't necessarily gorgeous, but he definitely is. I wanted to talk to her, but I chickened out. Lameo.

And to end this post, we rang in 2011 with Shastua (haha), Joshua, Alyx, Derek, and Smyth.


For the first time...ever, I believe...Anchorage was allowed to do fireworks for New Year's! It is usually illegal here - you can't even do them on the 4th of July. The only town in which it is legal is called Houston. Well, the Assembly decided to allow fireworks on New Year's Eve from 9:30pm to 1:00am. 3.5 hours and we were thrilled!











Now it is 2011 and time to be better blogger.

:)

1 comments:

mama said...

Well since I check the blog about
10 times a day --- it's nice to see that you blogged. ANd I think you are just having too much fun in AK --- and you need to moved south eventually. Love you both