Monday, September 15, 2008

Free At Last!

It seems like just yesterday that we were packing up our life into a 7'x14' trailer to make the journey to Alaska. It seems like we were just barely apartment hunting, meeting our coworkers, and finishing training. I remember how I was scared. to. death. as I walked onto the Seward pier for the first time. And how Andy said, "Just don't let them know it's your first tour. You'll do great!" I really wanted to say over the microphone, "For how many of you is this your first time in Alaska?" And then I would raise my hand too. But I didn't. I hid my fear and look at where we're at just six months later!
We are DONE! Well, almost. Today was my last day of work and Andy will be done as of Wednesday night. I'm pretty sure I hear the "Hallelujah Chorus" playing in the background. That makes me sound like I hate my job, but I don't. I absolutely love it, however, working 75ish hours each week can burn ya out after several months. But, it was SO worth it.

Until next summer...

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Beautiful pictures!! Congrats on "a job well done"!!

mama said...

A B-I-G CONGRATULATIONS to both of you. We are proud of you. You've both done amazing jobs for Celebrity and I think they recognize that. GOOD FOR YOU
Love,
Mama & Daddy

Katie said...

Woohoo....now I'm going to come visit and make you give ME a tour!! HAHA. Will we ever see you again?!!! ;-)

Caitlin said...

Until next summer when I join you. :)