Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chopstix.

Have you ever been to a dueling piano bar? Jessica had mentioned she wanted to go to Chopstix before we left, so we did. I really had no idea what to expect!


Kind of hard to see the opposing pianos in this picture, but I realize now this is the best picture I took.

Basically you can put a request up on the piano of ANY song for them to play. The catch? Put it up there with some money. Most people were putting up $1 with their request, but some were putting more. And once in awhile the pianists would come back and say, "First person to bring me $2 can put a stop to this song!" Usually it was a ridiculous song that they didn't want to play...or didn't know how to play. But let's put it this way, they were great. These guys were a little more "screamy" than I would have liked, but good nonetheless. They have a TON of talent and I would definitely recommend going to a piano bar if you have a chance.

AJ, Jess, Katie, me.
Katie went to nursing school with Jessica and now resides in Seattle.

1 comments:

mama said...

We went to one of those on a cruise when we were with Ben & Luisa --- they were absolutely amazing -- BUT very crude --- thus we didn't stay very long. I don't know why they have to ruin their talent with being crude --- however it was a late night show --- and others were loving it --- not me.