Friday, December 12, 2008

Sail Away, Sail Away, Sail Away.

I feel like I haven't even begun to write about our trip! I promised several weeks ago that I would stay up until I had blogged everything, but the internet went down (I know, nice excuse) so I'm playing a big game of catch up now.

Most of you know that we have been on a marathon trip for the past few months and ask, "How do you do it?" Well, let me fill you in on a cool little secret. Andy and I work for a fantastic company in Alaska known as Royal Celebrity Tours. Because we worked our butts off all summer and completed our contract, we were each rewarded with a discounted cruise with either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity cruises. Now this might sound like a sweet deal, and it is, but here is the catch: we have to send in paperwork and more or less "apply" to go on such and such cruise and wait until we get confirmed. It doesn't mean that you are for sure going just because you have your paperwork sent in. It just means that your name is on the waiting list and you get to cruise standby.

I hate muster drills.

Like things are going to be this orderly during an emergency!

I don't mean to brag, but remember how I told you we were on a waiting list for each cruise? Cruising standby doesn't allow us to choose our rooms, we just take what we're given. That being said, please look above and check out our room! See that window? That looks right out the front, right over the helipad. Talk about sawweeeet! Plus, I could do cartwheels in there. Haha even Andy could have done cartwheels in there! Me gusta!


Eleven of us who work together were on the cruise from Hawaii to New Zealand. Cramer, Nate, Andy, Bryan, and Karie.
Remember how we went on that walk to see the lava flow into the ocean? And how we had this crazy idea that it would be river-like and really neat? Well, our first port happened to be Hilo, so we met up with Chris and Tiffany again, and that evening we sailed past the lava! This time we were obviously on the better side a.k.a. the side where you can actually see the lava, not just the steam. Our captain sailed around the area for about 20 minutes afterwhich we were headed off to sea for 5 days. You heard me right, five days.

2 comments:

mama said...

Love it --- love it --- I want to go there

Kent Chalmers said...

Andi or Brianna, I need your email address!!! It's Chalmers