Hello! We are reporting to you from the lovely Papeete, Tahiti! We arrived here at noon today after 5, yes FIVE, days at sea! You can imagine that everyone was excited to be on land. It seems to me that Tahiti is not very tourist friendly, not that I really expected it to be, but it was kinda hard to figure out where to go and what to do, especially when the only French words I can speak are for no, yes, "fun at the beach", and I can sing part of their national anthem (thank you, 7th grade language classes!). We ended up going to the beach, but it was cloudy and the water a bit murky, so headed back to downtown where we and the other LDS guys we are with made our way to the temple. Talk about being in the right place at the right time, we met a Bishop from Moorea (where we are going tomorrow) and him and his wife got us all set up for an awesome (we hope!) excursion tomorrow!
Our days at sea were fun, we'll see how the next few go haha. You can only do so much...play cards, go to shows, watch movies, lay out, participate in pool activities, swim, build ships, eat...you get it. Anyway, we're off to Moorea tomorrow and then to Bora Bora after that. I think we'll have four or so more days at sea before we hit New Zealand.
For those of you who might be looking for more details, we are on the Millennium (Celebrity), sail date 10/17.
Well, the internet cafe is closing soon, so I'll be done.
Brianna and Andy
Friday, October 24, 2008
Posted by
Brianna
at
8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So good to hear from you two. It sounds like the trip is pretty boring --- WRONG. I am quite envious --- but trying not to be and just being happy for you. I have been hoping for an email or a post on the blog --- so was VERY glad to see your post. I look at your itinery every day and knew that you had hit land. So that will be fun for a few days. Hope to hear from you again soon.
Love you both
Mama/Claudia
WOW! How very exciting. Should we send you some books so that you can catch up on some reading? Do your tummies get bothered by the rocking motion? Looking forward to hearing some more!
Lu & Ben
Slightly jealous but glad you guys are having fun. I get sick on a plane. Can't imagine 5 days on a boat. Forget the little barfing bags, give me a trash bag! Can't wait to hear more about the world tour! Text me when you get a chance.
Love ya,
Beth
Post a Comment